Friday, April 1, 2022

Hello Gorgeous!

I'm really excited to be a guest designer at Color Hues Color Challenge #38 using Pink and Green! I'm getting the summer, tropical "vibe" with my card AND my mood, and it all started with these colors and my patterned paper...




Products I used:

SugarPea Designs: Sugar Cut Card Front Element Builder (stitched lines on the edge of the card)

Reverse Confetti: Circle Rays Duo Confetti Cuts

Hero Arts: Color Layering Flamingo stamp and die sets

StazOn: Jet Black Ink

Altenew: Hibiscus Garden 3D die set

Distress Oxide inks

Blender brushes

Foam Tape

For the circle ray and leaves I ink blended white card stock first, then cut out my shapes. I often like the look of the die cuts when they have been ink blended vs. plain colored card stock. The flamingo is a multi-step stamp set and I added white gel pen afterwards for detail. I popped up the circle and flamingo on foam tape for more texture.

Check out all the inspiration from the Color Hues design team and join the pink and green fun!

-Carol



11 comments:

Kristie Goulet said...

Gorgeous card! I love the paper you used and the gorgeous flamingo! So happy to have you join us as GD at Color Hues!

Julie B said...

Love the tropical take on the colours, great to have you GD with us this time. :)

Nancy said...

Beautiful foliage paper and that flamingo is so pretty! Awesome card and so happy to have you with us at Color Hues! Have a great Sunday!

Cindy Beach said...

A wonderful card, Carol! And a great addition to our team as GD. The tropical greens look great setting off that flirty flamingo!

Carol said...

Thank you Kristie!!!

Carol said...

Thank you Julie!

Carol said...

Thanks Nancy! Thanks for having me!

Carol said...

Thank you Cindy!!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Carol love your tropical card, it makes me want to go somewhere warm! Also I need to get the flamingo out and play again! Thank you so much for being our guest at the Color Hues!

Hues!

Karen said...

I saw this on IG and loved it! Now I'm finally catching up from being away, and here to say how lucky we are to have you as a Guest Designer at Color Hues!

cm said...

Your tropical card is breath-taken-away gorgeous! Talk about a spectacular way to showcase the colours! Love it!
hugs~carol