Saturday, April 23, 2022

Graduation card

This week at Just Us Girls Challenge #629 it is Photo Week! (The graphic for this challenge was accidentally created to say Word Week.) The cool photo that Cécile chose of the painted rocks with positive thoughts on them made me run to look through my stash for something similar in concept. I imagined a graduation card for a young girl or guy going off to college or from college to career.





(This should say Photo Week.)





In my stash I found a spiral bound pad of little cardboard phrase stickers by Tim Holtz Idea-ology and decided to go with them. I tried to watercolor a panel, but it didn't turn out like what I had pictured, so I went with an older Stampin' Up! stamp set called Work of Art. I used a few of their inks to stamp the "swipes of paint" images, added the sticker phrases, then some rhinestones and twine, and Voilá! I had a card!

I also used My Pinkfresh Studio Diagonal Stitched rectangle die to frame the main panel. The rhinestones are from Martha Stewart and the twine is from the Twinery. 

We hope you will join us this week! Maybe you need a card for someone for a graduation coming up or just for sending inspirational thoughts!

-Carol


22 comments:

ElizStewart said...

Carol... I love the beachy feel of this card. The colors are my favorite to live and work with... such a great card!

Carol said...

Thank you Elizabeth! They are my faves as well!

Lisa Elton said...

Perfect sentiments for your fabulous graduation card!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love that swiped background!

cm said...

Your swiped background is fabulous and pairing it with some encouraging phrases makes it perfect for a young grad! Super cool!
hugs~carol

Nancy said...

What a great stamp set to pull out of your stash to use for this background! I totally love your idea to perhaps use this for a graduation card. Clever girl!

Mac Mable said...

Love the contemporary style, the wonderful colours and what a fabulous take on the photo x.

baileyrosy.com said...

What a fabulous card and oh so creative,great take on the theme and I love those cool colours.

Marie

Bobby said...

Those watercolor looking swatches worked well for the design, Carol, and the sentiments are perfect with it.

Carol said...

Thanks Vicki!

Carol said...

Thanks Carol!

Carol said...

Thanks Nancy!

Carol said...

Thank you Mac!

Carol said...

Thank you Marie!

Carol said...

Thank you Bobby!

Ina G said...

Fabulous artsy card Carol. Love it and the colour choice. Cool sentiments.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love those swatches of color and the inspirational sentiments! Fabulous design and so perfect for a graduation card.

Cécile RIBON said...

I totally love your watercolor-like background, Carol. I Love the fresh colors and the black sentiment strips give your card such a trendy look. This is definitely an awesome graduation card.

Carol said...

Thank you Ina!

Carol said...

Thank yo Sue!

Carol said...

Thank you so much Cécile!

Carol said...
This comment has been removed by the author.