Thursday, April 28, 2022

For Mom

Hello friends, glad you are here for this special week! For TicTac Toe Challenge #159, I designed the board and I decided to use the diagonal row going from top left to bottom right: Anything but a card, Free, Mother's Day. I made a gift box and a "matching" tag. The box is a nice size: roughly 6" x 8" and 2" tall. (I just noticed that my project also fits the third/right column moving down: Ribbon/twine, Bright colors, Mother's Day!)








I recently bought just one sheet of this gorgeous pink and silver card stock and now I want more! The base of the box is glitter card stock and I tried to get a photo of it but I'm not sure you can tell. The tutorial for the box is from Sam at Pootles.co.uk here and listen to the video carefully because she has a trick for the box lid. I embossed my flowers (they aren't the same type of flowers as those on the lid) with silver embossing powder to be like the patterned paper ones, then ink blended them and fussy cut them out. The word mom is an alphabet by Sunny Studios and you join the letters you want when forming a word.

Products I used:

Sunny Studios: Loopy Letters Lower dies

Pretty Pink Posh: Crocus Flowers

Patterned Paper: JoAnn Fabrics

Glitter card stock: JoAnn Fabrics (I think it is Bazzill)

Stampin' Up!: Ribbon and silver twine, silver embossing powder

Reverse Confetti: tag die

Red Line tape (for box and lid)

We hope you will join us this week for this end of school year/spring board!


-Carol

No comments: