Saturday, March 26, 2022

You Are My Anchor

I just couldn't wait any longer to use my Spellbinders Build a Summer Birdhouse dies designed by Vicky Papaioannou. Our latest Photo Challenge at Just Us Girls #625 gave me a good reason to make something with them. I like that you can take what you want from an inspiration and make it your own.




I had this patterned paper that I just love, and the die set that I'm equally crazy about, so it was an easy card to put together. The sentiment is from a new set I just got from my Favorite Things called You Keep Me Afloat. I used Versamark ink to heat emboss it with silver embossing powder.

I will be making more summer birdhouses as summer gets closer...can't wait! Join us this week with our photo as your inspiration!

-Carol

16 comments:

JoAnn said...

What a cute birdhouse. Love the bird paper on the side also. Thanks for the warm welcome as JUGS Guest Designer. I have enjoyed being with you.

Carol said...

Thank you JoAnn. We enjoyed your time with us!!!!!!!

Lisa Elton said...

What bird wouldn't love to visit your sweet polka dot birdhouse! This is darling, Carol!

Vicki Dutcher said...

That designer paper is stunning! It goes perfectly with the fun bird house die. Great inspired card~

ElizStewart said...

Carol... this is ingenious! Love a lighthouse birdhouse...so incredibly cute! The small anchor charm is wonderful as is the birdie DSP... great card!

Bobby said...

I'd love a lighthouse birdhouse, Carol, and yours matches the colorful bird paper. Wonderful card!

Celeste Goff said...

Love this gorgeous card! That lighthouse and the beautiful patterned papers are simply stunning!

Carol said...

Thanks Lisa!

Carol said...

Thanks Vicki!

Carol said...

Thanks Elizabeth!

Carol said...

Thank you Bobby!

Carol said...

Thank you Celeste!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

That is one awesome lighthouse birdhouse! I am loving those doors. That patterned paper looks fabulous and the perfect complement to the birdhouse.

Carol said...

Thank you Sue!

Nancy said...

This is awesome and I think what really makes it stand out is your choice of color! Way to make your card get attention. Truly an awesome job!

Ina G said...

WOW! this card is genies Carol. Can't stop looking at it. So cleverly put together. Nice how we take something different from a photo challenge and make it our own. You certainly did this here. So glad you got to share that birdcage with us this week.