Monday, March 21, 2022

#HappyBirthday

I have been thinking about making a card with these gift bags for a while, and when I saw a new challenge late last week, I had a really good reason to sit down and do it! Then I couldn't post it until our daughter opened it on her birthday this weekend. In case you are wondering, inside I wrote the hashtag #noyouarenotgettingapupppy in my written message to her. (She's an adult and doesn't live with us, but would still love to get one if she or I didn't have allergies!) She loves to shop and likes all the things in the bags. It was a lot of fun going through my stash to see exactly what I could put in them for her. She also appreciates the work that goes into making a handmade card. I am playing along at Double D Challenges where Something with a Handle is the theme.













Products I used:

Waffle Flower Flat Paper Bag die

Poppy Stamps Whittle Dog die

Mama Elephant: Holiday Bitties (bottle)

Stampin' Up!: Flower dies and Balloon Bash Stamp set (sentiment)

Sizzix Summer Days Thinlits (sunglasses)

Simon Says Stamp: Bikini dies

Tissue paper

Silver mirror card stock

Prismacolor pencils (to color the bottles)

Pink and Main: sequins

(Sorry for all the pictures! I just never like the angles or depth perception in my photos.) First and foremost, I like to put foam tape behind my bags so they aren't flat...and the bags have lines on the side that you can fold to make the bags appear to be 3D. They look kind of real in person that way! I chose silver card stock for the handles, on the top of the bottles, and as lenses in the sunglasses. I left the flowers white because I didn't want to introduce any more colors on the card. It ended up being a lot of fun making her this personalized card with her favorite colors and the things she loves. I even made a slim box to put the card in so it wouldn't smoosh the bags! When I am making a card for someone I know well, I think about her/him the whole time I am making it. Do you? 

She absolutely loved her card and we spent the weekend having our nails done together, eating out, shopping and going to the beach. She had a great time! And when she saw the puppy in the bag on the card, she said, "Puppy?!!)

Be sure to check out the Double D challenge...they have unique challenge topics that are really creative! See you back here soon!

-Carol


8 comments:

Lisa :) said...

This is fabulous!! I love your photos the bags looks real!!

Diane said...

Absolutely adorably cute cute and creative card, I can see why she loved it and sounds like a fun time with your daughter too!! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}
{Double D}

Carol said...

Thank you Lisa!

Carol said...

Thank you Diane!

Darlene said...

WOW! This is awesome! I certainly can see why she loved it ... I know I do!! Isn't mother/daughter time fabulous! Glad you had such a nice time! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Something with a Handle’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

P.S. If I hadn’t already mentioned it, just wanted to let you know that we have another new challenge blog. This time it’s all about using your EMBOSSING FOLDERS. I hope you’ll come check us out and play along at CAN YOU HANDLE THE PRESSURE. Hope to see you there!

Carol said...

Thank you so much Darlene! I'll check it out!

aussie aNNie said...

Brilliant project, STUNNING design for our current challenge… Thanks for joining in at [aNNie Designer for Double D challenges
https://thejourneyisthestarthere.blogspot.com/{My Blog}

Carol said...

Thank you!!!!!