Monday, March 28, 2022

Love You More Than

I recently bought this stamp and die set and couldn't wait to use it. I don't know what I like more, the font for the sentiments or the cute dies!!! I wanted to make something other than a card, and I happened to see a sandwich board somewhere and pictured a white wood one in front of a restaurant with a cute saying. I always enjoy a cleverly written sign in front of a restaurant. This is what I came up with:





When I saw Color Throwdown #685 I thought I could make my stamp set work so I could join the challenge. I die cut the taco and put it together. Then I used the scalloped rectangle die that is included in the set to make the sign. I cut a card base of 3 1/2" x 5 1/2" and cut a partial square out of the bottom while the card base was closed to make the legs. Next, I got out a woodgrain cover die I have and ran my sign though for a wood texture. I am still designing something to make the sign stand without doing the "splits" and falling flat. LOL! I want the recipient of the card to be able to open it and read a written message inside from the sender...or maybe write on the back of the sign? We'll see. I would like to think that the person who gets this card would stand it on her desk at home or work, or maybe I could make these for cute place settings when I am making a Mexican meal for friends.

Products:

Concord and 9th: Love You More Than stamp set and dies

StazOn: Jet Black ink

Woodgrain cover die: Sorry, I don't know where I got it.

Hope you enjoyed this idea, and come back soon for more ideas with this cute set.

-Carol

2 comments:

Broni said...

I love this stamp set! (I have it too!) And the taco is my favorite! Great card!! Thanks for joining us at the Color Throwdown this week!

Carol said...

Thanks Broni!