Monday, March 7, 2022

Hello Spring

I was told about the newer Can You Handle The Pressure Challenge. The current challenge there is Anything Goes with dry/heat embossing and Think Spring! I spent all day taking my time with this card, starting with the background. I am also entering it at The Paper Players Challenge where the theme is Spring is in the Air and The Four Seasons Challenge here where Spring is the season being celebrated!






I found a video on You Tube here that showed how to ink blend on the inside of the embossing folder on the side that has the the debossed pattern in it. (the side with the pattern recessed, not raised above the background) She ran it though the Big Shot after inking it up and out came the design on the card stock. I was not supposed to ink blend so hard that the design/pattern had ink on it...it should have been white. But then I saw where you could sand off some of the ink from the pattern, so that's what I did.

Next I die cut my bunny, flowers and the fence/gate and glued them all together. I decided to put foam tape behind the gate to have it be open a little. I decided to add an arbor, so I cut two dome dies to make the thin arch. (I later rounded the corners of my card to go with that arch.) I cut my sentiment dies out of three colors before I found one I liked, and added it to a vellum banner that I die cut. Last, I added three little pearls for an Easter feel and the card was done!

Products I used:

Spellbinders: Large Die of the Month March 2021

HoneyBee Stamps: Nested Domes dies

My Favorite Things: Garden Gate, grass dies

Stampin' Up!: embossing folder (older), pearls

Ranger: Distress Oxide inks

Bo Bunny: sanding emery board

I'd like to get a 3D embossing folder...there are some really great designs out there now and the texture is really detailed.

See you next time,

-Carol





15 comments:

Nancy said...

A day well spent! I think this came out very nice! I love how you made the gate and you know how I love that sweet bunny! Awesome card!

baileyrosy.com said...

So many wonderful details on this card.I Love the bunny and the fantastic die cuts.The embossing folder with the pretty oxide inks is a match made in heaven.

Marie

Darlene said...

WOW this is just FABULOUS! What a beautiful springtime scene you have created! I'm SO GLAD you have found us and are joining in by sharing your amazing inspiration! Thanks so much for playing in our challenge at Can You Handle The Pressure … we appreciate your support and hope to see you again next challenge! And oh yes, you need to get a few of those 3D folders ... they are AMAZINGLY beautiful!!
Darlene
CAN YOU HANDLE THE PRESSURE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

P.S. This awesome card also fits our current challenge over on our FOUR SEASONS CHALLENGE which is SPRING. Please feel free to join us.

Jennie Maier said...

What a pretty spring card! I love the textures, colors and the cute little bunny and fence! Thanks for playing at The Paper Players this week!

Carol said...

Thanks Nancy!

Carol said...

Thank you!!!!

Carol said...

Thank you so much Darlene! I will keep playing as time permits!

Carol said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
LeAnne said...

This is a great technique to use with your embossing folders, and I love that you used it as a background for your sweet little bunny! So cute! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Players this week!

Darlene said...

YAY so nice to see this beautiful springtime card again! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Four Seasons Challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back again soon.

Darlene
FOUR SEASONS CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Karen Letchworth said...

This is SO super sweet, Carol. Thanks for sharing with us at The Four Seasons Challenge and please stop by again soon.
Blessings,
Karen L, DT
The Four Seasons Challenge

Carol said...

Thank you Jennie!

Carol said...

Thank you LeAnne!!!!

Carol said...

Thank you Darlene!

Carol said...

Thank you Karen!