Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Welcome Spring

I was admiring a card today using PapertreyInk Thank You Florals stamps and dies and saw a little spring challenge using their products...knowing that I have several sets that span many years, I decided to make this seasonal slimline card in soft spring colors. I am also playing along at The Paper Players Challenge PP581 where the theme is Spring is in the Air.



If you know PTI very well you can see that the CD case for stamps is an older set. I cut the frames using dies in two sizes, one inside the other, then stacked/adhered them three high each for thickness. I popped them up on foam tape for even more depth. I set the frames temporarily on the card for spacing purposes, then made a light pencil mark in the center of each. I removed the frames and stamped the wreaths from the PTI Wreath For All Seasons stamp set, using that pencil mark to center them. I hand cut the banner for the sentiment and attached it to the center frame.

I love texture or moving parts on cards. I think the frames really showcase the stamped images well. Maybe I should have made them shakers?!?!

See you back here soon,

-Carol


No comments: