Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Cards for Ukraine

Cardmakers from all over the world are flooding the internet with blue and yellow cards to show support for Ukraine in this nightmare they are living. I wanted to join in this effort, as does the Color Hues Color Challenge blog. If you decide to participate, be sure to use the #cardsforukraine on social media.





Products I used:

Concord and 9th: Thinking of You stamp and die sets

My Favorite Things: hearts stencil 

Prismacolor pencils

Wink of Stella pen

I ink blended, then stenciled hearts on a white panel with blue and yellow inks, then cut out the sentiment from it. I die cut, stamped, then colored the floral frame and added Wink of Stella for sparkle. That's it.

I hope you will join the Color Hues challenge so we can continue to let the people of Ukraine know we are at least praying for/thinking of them. One Ukrainian, Yana Smakula, who is well known in the cardmaking world, is updating her Instagram account to let her followers know what is happening where she is...and she for one, is seeing the support from around the world whether it be prayers, cards, donations, or other help being sent to her country. I know there will be more help needed as time goes on, but this is a start.

-Carol



8 comments:

Kristie Goulet said...

I love this so much! The texture on the sentiment is perfection! Thanks so much for joining us at Color Hues!

Carol said...

Thanks Kristie! It was a panel of stenciled hearts but that is hard to tell since it was die cut.

Karen said...

I love the way you created the paper for the sentiment! Your design is fabulous, too. Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

Julie B said...

The framed sentiment looks fab cut from the stenciled hearts.
Thanks for joining in at Color Hues. :)

Nancy said...

Carol, I think this came out really well and love that the panel for the words was made from a paper of stenciled hearts! Just adds a bit more love to the thought! Thanks for joining us for our Special Challenge at Color Hues!

Carol said...

Thank you Karen!

Carol said...

Thank you Julie!

Carol said...

Thanks Nancy! And now I have a recipient for the card as you know.