Saturday, February 12, 2022

Love

This week at Just Us Girls #619 the challenge is to make your own stencil! I used one I made and another one I bought, and I had to use them both at the same time for part of this process!


I got out my only heart shaped dies which are Simon Says Stamp Wonky Hearts to make a stencil, but neither heart was the right size for this card...so I got a sheet of acetate and hand cut a wonky shaped heart of my own.  I used my new stencil to ink blend pinks and red inside the heart. Next I put a My Favorite Things stencil called Full of Heart over the hand cut heart to stencil darker red and coral hearts over the ink blended background. I then took out my Picket Fence Distress ink and moved the MFT hearts stencil over just a hair to stencil again and make a shadow effect on the hearts that were already there.

I let that panel dry and cut out the Paper Smooches Linked Hearts die in gold as well as my Lawn Fawn Oliver's Stitched ABCs L, O, V, and E dies. Then I punched three little gold hearts with my old Stampin' Up! Owl die that has accessories such as this heart. I popped up the LOVE letters and glued the other die cuts flush to the card. I decided to mat the white panel with gold to dress up the card a bit, and it was done!

I hope you will join us this week and make a stencil with your dies!

-Carol

13 comments:

Lisa Kind said...

Well you got creative with this one, huh? Love it! And I love the technique using the white ink. Great card!

ElizStewart said...

Carol... love your wonky handcut heart stencil! So brilliant to layer the heart stencil over it...and a perfect touch of added white ink. Love the card!

Lisa Elton said...

Your wonky heart turned out great, Carol this is so pretty! Love the gold too!

Carol said...

Thanks Lisa!

Carol said...

Thank you Elizabeth!

Carol said...

Thanks Lisa!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Love this with the touches of gold added! Very creative of you to improvise to get the size heart you wanted! Brilliant!

Nancy said...

Love that background and the gold LOVE looks so cool! I feel lucky to have seen this IRL! Excellent card! Enjoy your Sunday!

Bobby said...

Good for you for hand cutting a heart, Carol. I love the hearts within the heart and the shadow effect looks fabulous.

Ina G said...

Stunning and so creative Carol. Love the colour variant on that gorgeous heart and swooning over the gold additions.

cm said...

WOW! Talk about creativity! Your hearts upon hearts make for a card totally infused with love!
hugs~carol

Vicki Dutcher said...

Great use of hearts this turned out really fun

Cécile RIBON said...

You did an amazing stencilling and ink blending job, Carol. The colors are just fabulous.