Monday, February 14, 2022

Happy Valentine's Day

On this Valentine's day I have a special post. A cardmaker that I follow on Instagram makes cards for sick children in the hospital. I have been wanting to volunteer somehow/somewhere now that I am retired, but during the pandemic I don't want to be exposed to Covid. When I saw the website that she provided, it inspired me to ask a couple of local cardmaker friends to join me in making cards to send to Cards for Hospitalized Kids. Here is a link to their website with all the details. We will put our cards together and send them very soon. I made the heart speech bubble ones today (inspired by Amy Gwinn on Instagram) and I am adding more cards to mail as I make them. I tried to make a variety of cards for different age groups, including eye-catching ones for little children who don't read yet. No envelopes necessary when you send your cards.











Once I cut the My Favorite Things Love Speech Bubble dies in a few different colors, I could interchange the pieces and make several cards at once! I am thinking that boxed sets for gifts could be made with simple but cute dies like these. I am entering the first card pictured above over at Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes With Dies as well.


Here are a couple of the other quick, simple cards I have ready for the kids.


Hope you are treating yourself or someone else today. Happy Valentine's Day!

-Carol


No comments: