Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Jingle Bells

I'm back with another tag for the Ellen Hutson 12 Tags of Christmas 2021 + Challenge here! I was out shopping recently and saw a fabric tag with machine embroidery on the front that had a pocket in the back for a gift card. I took a picture so I would not forget about it. I've been wanting to stamp on fabric and this is how my idea materialized (pun intended!) I was inspired by Day 6 Jingle Bells with Angela Simpson and Brenda Noelke. 




Inspiration from a little store on Anna Maria Island, FL below.




I gathered my fabrics and quilt batting, ribbon, the stamp (from Ellen Hutson 'Tis The Season stamp set) and StazOn ink. I stamped my tag on white fabric then ironed it to set the ink. Then I cut a tag shape from the stamped piece and batting, and patterned fabric for the back and binding.

I stacked the stamped piece onto the batting and sewed on my jingle bells and ribbon. Next I bound it all like a quilt. I sewed on the ribbons at the top for tying to a package! Next time I won't put batting inside, but some thin interfacing.

I hope to make more tags for this challenge, but I am also finishing a new tree skirt and need to get that project done now that the tree is up!

See you soon,

-Carol


3 comments:

Helen F. said...

This is an awesome tag! It would be a "gift" all by itself :-)

Carol said...

Thanks so much!

ElizStewart said...

WOW... love your motivation!!!