Thursday, December 9, 2021

Golden Sea Gift Box

For our latest Tic Tac Toe Challenge #143 I chose the row on the bottom from left to right: Gold, Stars, Banner. I found this cool cardstock in my stash with gold outlined seashells and anchors and just had to incorporate it. Since the Christmas decorations in my Florida home are mostly tropical, this little gift box fits in perfectly under my tree, but I could make these boxes to be used any time of year with this cardstock! I am also entering it at Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge here and the Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes With Dies challenge here.








I used Sam's tutorial again here from her YouTube channel Pootles Papercraft, some gold matte and gold detailed cardstock sheets, white cardstock, a bone folder, sticky tape and gold stretchy cord. I also used Impression Obsession's shell die set and Reverse Confetti Star dies on my banner. I strung my die cut STARfish and gold stars on gold cord. With twine, the stars would hang more casually than this stiffer gold cord to look like a banner and since I wasn't sure it looks like a banner...I also embossed, in gold, the sentiment from Flora and Fauna's Christmas By The Sea stamp set on a Bitty Banners framelit die from Stampin' Up! The milk carton lid lifts off and you can get quite a bit of candy inside, or maybe some other small gift!

Hope you are inspired by all the design team projects this week and will join us!

-Carol

1 comment:

Helen said...

What an amazing creation Carol!! I love the idea of Christmas by the sea and all the wonderful gold elements really brings it to life! Thanks so much for sharing with us at HLS Dies Challenge. Stay safe and Happy 2022 to you and your family. Cheers':)