Saturday, November 6, 2021

There's Snow One Like You

This year I have bought so many new Christmas stamps and dies and I keep telling myself to stop shopping and use what I have already in a variety of ways. Another thing I tell myself is that when I see something I like, I can CASE it with similar products in order to stretch my stash! That's what I did with this tag for the Just Us Girls Challenge #609: Merry.





I am CASEing this adorable tag from the Right as Rain blog and wanted to buy the stencil that Jean used, but I looked through my dies and found small pine trees ((click here) that I could maybe make into a stencil. I had to washi tape it together because the die cuts the scene into several pieces, but it did work out in the end! I am still having fun with my Christmas minis (see a recent post of my advent calendar labor of love). I grabbed a sentiment to make my very merry Santa and his falling snow tie together. I always seem to get a blotch of glue or ink on the back of things, so I added patterned paper on the back as if it were intentional. Haha!

I'm also linking up with Happy Little Stampers November Christmas Challenge Anything Goes (optional scene) because Santa in his snow globe is in a scene of snowy fun! And I am also playing over at NBUS #32 because I have never before used the die that I used to make the stencil for the trees!





Products I used:

Sizzix Tim Holtz Christmas Minis die set

Pretty Pink Posh Winter Scene die (for my stencil) and Winter Wonderland stamp set (sentiment)

Distress Ink in Picket Fence

Stampin' Up! Classic Real Red ink

Reverse Confetti tag die set (for the scallop circle hole decoration)

Ribbon and stretchy silver cording


Hope you are having a fun crafting season now that we are in November! I sure am!

-Carol


7 comments:

Nancy said...

Great Tag, Carol! I love the size of your trees and that you made your own stencil. I think the paper looks perfect whether it was intentional or to cover up a blunder. Thats what crafters do, it's our super power! Awesome job! Thanks for playing along at Just Us Girls for Word Week!HUGS!

Carol said...

Thanks Nancy!

Darnell said...

Well done, Carol! Great job thinking of ways you can CASE someone while using the schtuff you already have! I think your homemade Christmas tree stencil worked a treat on your darling tag with that cute Santa snow globe and I love "accidental" pp on the back! Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Carol said...

Darnell, your comments always make my day! Thank you!!

Barbara Godden said...

Super cute tag, Kraft and Red pair so well together. Thanks for playing along with us at Happy Little stampers Christmas challenge.

Toni said...

so very cute and simple--love it!

Helen said...

Great tag - I always like kraft and red together.

Thanks for joining us at the Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge.

Helen x