Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Joy Love Peace

I am still in card and tag-making mode over here and having fun playing with some new purchases. I made this Sizzix Tim Holtz Dimensional Dome card today and after a couple of sequence flubs, I got it all figured out! I am playing along with The Paper Players PP565 Tic Tac Toe board: ribbon/twine, circles, die cut.






Taking a picture of something plastic is extremely difficult, so I tried many angles. I can't stop shaking this card full of little beads for snow!!

Products used:

Sizzix Tim Holtz Dimensional Domes

Sizzix Tim Holtz Thinlits 663119 dies (car/tree)

White glitter cardstock (snow under the car)

Sugar Pea Designs Card Front Element Builder die (scallop/stitched rectangle)

Seed Beads

Woodgrain cardstock (snow globe base)

My Favorite Things stencil (I think it is retired...I borrowed it from a friend)

Distress ink in Picket Fence (used with the stencil)

Ribbon

The little set of  Christmas shapes dies comes with the circle die to cut out both a base for your scene as well as to fit the dome! I thought I would make tags with it all, but I started here with a card. That said, be ready to see some tags using the domes soon!

-Carol

8 comments:

Ann Schach said...

What an adorable card, Carole! I love the little shaker dome you created. The stenciled background provides the perfect backdrop for it. I also LOVE the ribbon. What a great color combination you used! Thank you for playing in my Tic-Tac-Toe challenge at The Paper Players this week.

Carol said...

Thank you Ann! It was fun to make and worked perfectly with that top row of your Tic Tac Toe!

Debbie Crowley said...

Carole, what an adorable shaker card. The details are amazing and I thought your background was patterned paper. Your stenciling is perfect. Love this and thank you for joining us at the Paper Players this week.

LeAnne said...

I LOVE that background (of course, I love your little snowy dome too) and would never have realized it was stenciled! SO cute! So happy you shared your creation with us at the Players this week!

Carol said...

Thank you Debbie! It started out to be a tag but I couldn't cut down the background piece. Love that stencil.

Carol said...

Thanks LeAnne! This card had many parts that I enjoy making!

ElizStewart said...

Carol... this card is toooo cute! Love everything, the background and that adorable mini snow globe. WOW. This will put a smile on someone's face when opened. Thanks so much for joining and sharing at Just Us Girls.

Carol said...

Thanks so much Elizabeth!