Saturday, October 2, 2021

World Card Making Day!

It's World Card Making Day and I need to clean up my cardmaking supplies as much as making things today! I looked at my phone this morning and saw a new (to me) fun fold by @laclaudelscrap that I knew I had to try today. I'm also adding my card to the Simon Says Stamp WCMD here.





The tutorial by @laclaudelscrap here is just one minute long with subtitles in Spanish AND in metric measurements, so I had to figure out the sizes as close as possible in inches on my own. I started with a 12" x 5.5" card base. With the cardstock sitting horizontally in front of me, I scored down from the long edge at 4" and 8" and then, I scored the folding mechanisms by making a tiny dot 2" down the score line I had made at 4" and drew another dot 2" up from the bottom on the 8" score line. Look at the picture to see where to score from those 2" marks. After scoring, your left (top) scored triangles fold away from you, and the right (bottom) scored triangles fold toward you. You can watch @laclaudelscrap's (Instagram) 1 minute video to see what I mean. I made mats for each folded section with patterned paper cut (to start) at 4' x 5.5" and then cut them down to fit the shapes on the outside and inside of the card.

I decided to tie the completed card shut since it was bulky, so I attached a ribbon on the back to tie in the front. I added a stamped and colored turkey to the bow area as a tag to hint at the Thanksgiving holiday. This was my trial run, and I have plans to make Christmas ones soon.

I'm also adding my card to the Simon Says Stamp WCMD. I am in sunny, hot Florida, USA, and I love the creative escape that making cards (and other things with paper or fabric) gives me! I have made lots of new friends all over the world with this hobby that goes back to about 1981!

Products I used:

Stampin Up!: Holiday Invitation stamp set for the inside sentiment and Voilá to Go for turkey tag on the front, inks, pastel chalks, ribbon.

Random patterned papers and cardstock.

Twine by the Twinery.

Hope you are spending your day making cards! I'm off to clean up my mess!

-Carol


No comments: