Monday, October 4, 2021

Pure Innocence Halloween

I have loved the Pure Innocence characters forever at My Favorite Things. I own mostly the beachy little girls in my collection, but today I needed to make one into a little witch for Halloween for their Weekly Sketch #561 right here! I'm also entering it at The Paper Players "Spooky" PP561 right here! and the Just Us Girls #604 Challenge: Halloween!








I stamped the Beach Cutie with black ink but used Post It notes to cover the top of her hat and from her hands down. I drew her pointed hat and made her top into a long dress. I used Copics to color everything. Then, I wanted her to sit side-saddle on the broom, so I drew a lap, colored it and popped it up on foam tape. (The popped up part really makes it look like it is her lap in front of her!) Next, I made a broom for her to ride. I die cut a moon (with MFT Inside and Out Stitched Circles) out of sparkle vellum and die cut a rectangle (MFT Inside and Out Stitched Rectangles) out of black patterned paper. I strategically used my Sugar Pea Card Front Element Builder to have stitching on the computer made sentiment. (I saw the sentiment somewhere and knew I had to make a Halloween card with it!) Finally, I added three Pretty Pink Posh gems and the card was done! 

Hope you enjoy this cute little witch, driving a stick(shift). LOL!

-Carol

10 comments:

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Your little witch is adorable and so very creative of you to alter that Beach Cutie into a witch! Awesome work drawing the hat and dress and making that broom. Thanks for playing along with us at JUGS!

Carol said...

Thank you Sue! It was fun!

Amanda Mertz said...

I love how you used the masking and clever coloring to make her a witch! Where there's a will there's a way! The broom and sparkly vellum are perfect to go with the theme! Thanks for sharing at The Paper Players!

Carol said...

Thank you Amanda. It was a lot of fun to create!

Celeste Goff said...

Your witch is too stinking cute!

Carol said...

Thank you Celeste!

Nancy said...

You are killing it with the Halloween witches! Keep them coming! I love this one too! Brilliant way to stretch your products! I hope everyone reads this so they know! Thanks for playing at Just Us Girls and Paper Players!

Carol said...

Thanks Nancy! She was a fun make!

Ann Schach said...

Wow! How creative to transform this adorable girl into a witch! I love the broom and the touches of sparkle. Thank you for sharing with The Paper Players this week!

Carol said...

Thank you Ann!!!