Monday, September 20, 2021

Merry

Here is another card for the CAS Christmas Challenge: Plaid. Check out this fun challenge here!



 






I used my Concord and 9th Plaid Background stamp set rather than patterned paper (see my last post) to make the colors in my plaid match my card. It's a two-step, two-stamps process if you want the thin line and a different color. I used a Merry die (don't have the pkg. anymore to tell you the brand) to cut my sentiment and drew on a little Wink of Stella along the red line of the plaid so it sparkles like the red background above it. I used my FUN Simon Says Stamp CZ Design (Thanks Cathy for designing this!) Ho Ho Deer Circle die to cut into the card front, then used the same die to cut red glitter cardstock for his background and nose. I inlaid the die cut background and nose, then die cut a circle (My Favorite Things Inside and Out Stitched Circle dies) to adhere on the inside of the front of the card to hold my deer's nose and red background to the card. (Before adhering the circle on the inside I drew two black circles where the eyes would be on the deer on the side of this circle that faces the front of the card so I didn't have to try to inlay those tiny eyes. Thanks @scrapperatheart for the tip! I stamped on the circle inside so it carried on the Merry theme from the front and wasn't just sitting there blank. Last, I added three little red rhinestones for holiday sparkle!

Hope to see you back here again soon,

-Carol



10 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Carol, that little Reindeer is looking quite Merry with your hand-stamped plaid! So cute - and I LOVE it in pink, too!
=]

Loll said...

This is adorable Carol! LOVE that sweet reindeer with the glitter background and nose! :) And the plaid for your merry die-cut is such beautiful colours! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

Carol said...

Thanks Michele!

Carol said...

Thanks so much Loll!

Marcia Hill said...

Cute, cute, CUTE Carol! The reindeer with the red glitter is so festive and I love the "merry" (PTI - Wonderful Words Holiday Die Collection...still one of my favorite word die sets!!) with the plaid! Thanks so much for sharing this awesome card with us at CAS Christmas!! Hugs, Marcia (DT)

Colleen said...

Carol, your inlaid deer is adorable with all the shiny and sparkly red surrounding him. Very clever! And I love how you used the plaid for the die cut word, perfect way to get the plaid it and it is striking as well! Thank you so much for playing along with us at CAS Christmas!

Carol said...

Thank you Marcia!

Carol said...

Thank you Colleen!

Julia Aston said...

A lovely green plaid with that line of red running through - and such a fun sparkly red surrounding your cute reindeer! thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas! xx

Carol said...

Thank you Julia!