Friday, August 27, 2021

Goin' coastal...

A good friend just told me about a challenge that I had not previously known about, so I decided to give it a try. Freshly Made Sketches #500 is celebrating its 500th challenge!! That's quite an impressive milestone!!! Here is my card and their sketch for this very special occasion! (I kept it simple as this challenge likes "clean" cards.)







I inked up the sea on the left and tore the right edge off to lead onto the white sandy shore. Next, I added my new favorite Gina K Glitz Glitter Gel for the sparkling sea foam at the water's edge. In person this gel really makes it look like the crashing waves on a beach! I stamped and fussy cut the umbrellas from Essentials by Ellen Everything's Beachy and rounded them from underneath with my fingers to look like real, open beach umbrellas. Foam tape stacked four pieces high made them stand up off the sand. I stamped and hand cut the "This way to the beach" kind of a sign with the "Going coastal" sentiment from the same stamp set. I added a few sequins for sparkle in the water and I was done. I was afraid to use this new stamp set because I didn't think I could do it justice...have you seen all the ideas Ellen is posting with this set?!! I only used the umbrellas this time, but plan to break out the rest of the set soon.

I assume that if you are here reading my blog you are a stamper, so you seriously need to check out this challenge. There are all sorts of great sponsors with prizes!! So much fun!

Hope to see you back here soon,

-Carol



11 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

This is a fabulous beachy card! Love those umbrellas at the water's edge! Now I am off to check out the rest of that stamp set! Glad you joined our celebration at FMS!

Carol said...

Thank you Linda! The set is aDORable!!!! And their samples have been amazing!!!!!

Jen Mitchell said...

This is seriously the most fun card! It really looks like a birds-eye view of a beach! Thanks for joining our 500th sketch celebration at Freshly Made Sketches!

Carol said...

Thank you Jen!

Jacinda said...

This is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! Love this card!

Jacquie Southas said...

Love, love, love your sea and beach! Thanks for helping us celebrate #500 at FMS this week.

Carol said...

Thank you for selecting my card!!!!!

donna mikasa said...

Congrats on your deserving FMS win! Love your beachy take on their 500th Sketch!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh my! This is just amazing! Your card feels so 3D and is so very striking. Thanks for joining us at FMS this week and massive congrats on your win!

Carol said...

Thank you Donna!

Carol said...

Thank you so much Narelle!