Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Birthday By The Sea

For me there's nothing better than being able to celebrate a birthday by the water... and the Seize the Birthday Challenge #221 is By The Sea. This My Favorite Things flamingo is spending her special day on the beach! I am also playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes where My Favorite Things products are being showcased.





Who says that these string lights can't decorate a birthday party? We have been lucky enough to travel to attend several of my husband's company sales incentive trips and they always begin with a beach night. The decorations are these same "bright pastel" colors (that probably isn't a thing, but that's what it seems like to me) and it has always felt SO festive...so that is how I picked my colors for this scene. The sequins are my way of doing sparkly lights on the card. 

Products used:

My Favorite Things Festive Flamingos stamp set and Ocean Waves dies (to make a stencil)

Simon Says Stamp  Warm Christmas Wishes  and Circle Sayings stamp sets; SSS Intense Black Ink

Pretty Pink Posh Fresh Fruit embellishments

Prismacolor colored pencils: pink, coral, aqua, yellow green, bright green

Stampin' Up! Classic inks: Daffodil Delight and Bermuda Bay

Blender brushes


Sea you soon,

-Carol


3 comments:

Nancy said...

I love your creativity to turn these festive flamingos and palms into a birthday celebration! The stenciled circle background and repetitive greeting looks awesome! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday and for using the topping!

JulieP said...

You had me at flamingo!!! Your stenciled background is really pretty, especially with the ringed sentiment. Thanks so much for playing with us at Seize the Birthday!

Nancy said...

https://seizethebirthday.blogspot.com/2021/09/winners-221-by-sea.html