Saturday, July 24, 2021

You're Awesome

Over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge (click here) the topic is Out With The Old In With The New. My card features my brand new Jane's Doodles Surf's Up set and my also brand new Pretty Pink Posh Layered Surfboard Stencils. My Simon Says Stamp Intense Black Ink is something that I have had forever and is my "old" for this challenge!



As soon as I saw the previews of this mouse surfing with his swimmies on I knew he was going to be mine! I knew I would use Glossy Accents to shine up his swimmies, goggles and surfboard, and make splashes of water, too! The Pretty Pink Posh layered stencils surfboards are fun and really quick to use with Ranger Distress inks. I used Prismacolor pencils to color my mouse. The aqua vellum waves were cut with My Favorite Things Ocean Waves die set. 


And because these stencils are SO fun, I am entering my card in the Happy Little Stampers Stencil Challenge Anything Goes. Click here to see their challenge!

Hope you are enjoying your summer activities!

-Carol

6 comments:

Claire said...

What an amazing stencilled background! I thought you'd used patterned paper!

Carol said...

Thank you! It's two stencils and so easy to use!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Excellent use of this stencil and overlapping. Well done! Thanks for joining in at HLS Stencil Challenge

Nancy said...

I just adore that little mice nearly as well as that background! Such a great summer card! HUGS!

Carol said...

Thanks Vicki! It is really easy and a lot of fun!

Carol said...

Thank you Nancy...We will have to use it for Christmas somehow too!