Thursday, July 15, 2021

Sweet

I am really enjoying citrus fruits this summer, on cards, in drinks, on fabric. This card is for The Paper Players PP549 color challenge with Bumblebee, Misty Moonlight, Just Jade. I have another card coming soon with these lemon dies to prove my fascination with them lately!








Products:
Concord and 9th: Orange You Sweet Stamp set and dies
Paper Smooches Fruitastic stamp set
Stampin' Up! Classic ink pads and Ranger Distress Oxide inks 
Glossy Accents
Ink blending brushes
Pretty Pink Posh Fresh Fruit Clay Confetti (Obsessing over these chunky little guys!)
Altenew Hibiscus 3D leaves dies 
White  and "jade" cardstocks

I decided to ink blend on white cardstock with the blue and "jade" inks, spritz some water on it, then blot it off. 

Next, I used white cardstock to die cut the lemons and ink blended the edges and the inner wedges, leaving the white in between wedges. (I had to removed the wedges, ink blend them, then fit them back in their places...like a puzzle.) 

I turned over the Paper Smooches lemon stamp and inked the back, solid side of it for the background cardstock strip. 

The last little thing was making the sentiment ombre with blue and jade inks using a blender brush. I tried to capture it with my pictures but it isn't as pretty as in person.

I think that one of the best things about summer are the flavors and scents in everything! Hope you are enjoying your favorite parts of this season as well!

-Carol


6 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Oh my gosh, Carol! I LOVE your lemon card. The ombre sentiment is so pretty. I also love how you left the paper between the wedges white...what a great detail! I agree with you about the Pretty Pink Posh Fresh Fruit Clay Confetti. I'm smitten with them. Thank you for sharing with The Paper Players this week!

Vicky Hayes said...

This is wonderful Carol! I love a lemon motif and your design using these colours is great. I had a lemon tree once and the scent of the flowers was intoxicating! Vicky x

Nancy said...

This is awesome Carol! I have never seen that fruit confetti before! Awesome blending and great design all around! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players.

Carol said...

Thank you Ann!!!

Carol said...

Thank you Vicky! We had a neighbor with a lemon tree than grew over the fence into our yard!! ;)

Amanda Mertz said...

What a fun card! I love how you used both green and blue for blending the color on the leaves! Such a great look and super fresh take on the colors! Thanks for sharing at The Paper Players!