Saturday, July 17, 2021

Quilty Watercolors

I recently WON (Yay!) a gift voucher and  got this Quilt Circle Panel Die from Waffle Flower Stamps and Dies. I was excited to watercolor with it and play around a little. These cards are for a friend who wants to have a stash of all occasion, no sentiment cards to give to her clients when they bring her gifts or do something nice for her. They are my first sales as a cardmaker! I thought I would take a few pictures of my process.



Using a water brush, I wet a piece of watercolor paper. Next I used the water brush to pick up Distress ink that I had squished onto my glass mat so that I could add some pretty colors to the panel. Then, I dried the paper with my heat gun on both sides. Finally, I ran the die and the watercolored panel through my Big Shot machine.


I  used temporary adhesive to attach the background panel to a card front, then moved the circles around so they were not by the same color in the background. (I wasn't sure if I was going to glue the circles AND the background onto the same card.) Once I liked where the circles were, I permanently adhered the circles to the card front. I removed the background panel which left just the circles on the card front.


I added Pretty Pink Posh gems on some of them.


I glued the background piece to another A2 white card front and added gems to every other opening.


The final products.

Pretty easy cards. Quick, and very versatile for any occasion. The circles could be grouped/randomly placed along one side or, using the negative piece, put little Copic-colored die cuts in each opening. I think I will get a lot of use out of this die!

See you soon,

-Carol

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Two for the price of one! Love your new cover plate and the colors you chose to watercolor with. Such happy colors! Great job!