Wednesday, July 21, 2021

A Sailing Thank You

I'm starting a much needed stash of thank you cards to have ready and waiting. I have had these cool sailboat dies for a just a short time and wanted to try more ways to use them in scenes! They are so realistic and simple to die cut and color. I am entering my 6 1/4" x 3 1/4" mini slimline card in the MFT Slimline Challenge Feeling Beachy this month here and The Poppy Stamps PSC#82 Just Add Water here.


Yesterday I was out browsing craft stores and I fell in love with the dainty fonts of this sentiment. It's from Stampabilities. I thought the fonts paired well with the calm water scene. The dies are from Poppy Stamps, by Memory Box, called Marina Sailboats. The sunshine is a Tim Holtz stencil and I used Distress Inks to ink blend all the colors on this card.

"Sea" you soon with more summer cards,

-Carol

11 comments:

Kim S said...

You've created such a beautiful scene! I love your colors and shading on your sun and water - behind those sweet little boats. Thank you for playing along with us at Poppystamps.

pam said...

Beautiful card, love the scene you created.
Thank you for joining us over on Poppystamps challenge blog
Pam x

Jeanne J. said...

Wow Carol This is stunning!

Patty Tanúz said...

Aw!!! Great work! Beautiful card!

Sue McRae said...

What a wonderful scene! Love the inking! Thanks for playing along with us at Poppystamps!

Carol said...

Thank you!

Carol said...

Thanks!!!!!!

Carol said...

Thank you!!!

Carol said...

Thank you!

Carol said...

Thank you!

Jeanne J. said...

Carol - did you see you won at Poppystamps?