Thursday, July 22, 2021

Orange You So Sweet

This week at the Tic Tac Toe Challenge tttc#123 (click here)we have a fun new board for you! I chose the right column: Orange, Free, Alphabet Stamps. My "free" space stands for masking. I decided to make it kind of a CAS (Clean and Simple) card with lots of white space and pops of the color orange as well as orange slices.





When I saw this board I immediately thought of the Lined Alphabet stamp set from Stampin' Up! because I knew I could put a design inside of each (outline) letter. I used my new Pretty Pink Posh Summer Drinks Stamp set to mask off and stamp the orange slices inside the letters O, M, G, and also used one of the cute drink stamps. I colored them all with Copics and fussy cut them. 

Next, I die cut orange slices for the background from white cardstock with my Concord and 9th Orange You Sweet Dies. I had to glue the inner pieces back into the "frame" for each orange, but I sat and listened to Pandora while I did it, making it fun and relaxing! LOL. (I'm sure there is an easier way to die cut these so that the little inner pieces and frame stay as one after die cutting, but I didn't think of it. Let me know if you think of a way to do it!) 

After I glued the oranges down, I stamped the sentiment from the Concord and 9th companion stamp set also called Orange You Sweet. I played with the placement of the OMG, sentiment and cocktail until I was happy with the layout. It just so happens that I just got the fruit confetti from Pretty Pink Posh and thought the oranges would add color to my CAS card. I need a class on sequin/enamel dot/rhinestone placement! I am never happy with where I end up putting them on projects. Any hints besides an odd number of them? 

I hope you will join us over at Tic Tac Toe Challenge this week. I think it's a really sweet, bright,  summery one!

-Carol


No comments: