Tuesday, June 8, 2021

The Ocean Has My Heart

June is here and a sure sign of summer is people going to the beach and boating. My mini slimline card is my entry into the Addicted to CAS #199 challenge: Beach (here) and Always Fun Challenges #217: Layers (here).





I recently bought some dies from Poppy Stamps and was dying to use the sailboat. Once it was cut, I decided it needed to look like the wind was in its sails, so I bent the sails and also the waves under the boat. I added a little foam tape under the sails as well to lift them off the card. I feel like the bottom waves look like I used crumpled cardstock, but the bends in the paper are intentional. I used a sentiment from Birch Press Design's No One Like You set and The Greetery's Destination Summer birds stamp and the card was complete.

There's nothing better than sitting on the beach and watching the boats go by! Happy summer!

-Carol



2 comments:

Jaydee said...

Love the slimline card. The layers of waves add so much movement. So glad you shared this with us at Addicted to CAS this week
Jaydee

Carol said...

Thank you Jaydee.