Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Relax

Here is a companion card to the Cheerful Hello card I posted a couple of days ago. Today I created the same type of background using Channin Pelletier's ink swiping technique again (linked in that post). This card is for a teacher friend who deserves a little celebration of summer in the mail after a hard school year. This is my second card for The Paper Players Challenge #544 this week (here): Signs of Summer.








My "Relax" card uses the Poppy Stamps Flamingo die and a leaf from Altenew's Hibiscus Garden 3D Dies.  I ink blended them both a little with Distress Oxide inks. The sentiment is stamped in Simon Says Stamp Intense Black Ink using Stampin' Up's Beach Happy set and the Reverse Confetti tag die is cut from shimmery irridescent vellum. The thin strip on the right side is what I cut off to make the panel narrower, and I decided to turn it upside down and attach it to the panel. I might just make a set of these to have on hand as a gift!

Enjoy your summer!

-Carol

3 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, Carol! The shimmery tag is a lovely backdrop for the leaf and flamingo. The blending on both of them is perfect. I know your teacher friend will appreciate this summery card! Thank you for playing a second time in my Signs of Summer challenge at The Paper Players!

Jaydee said...

Love the layers, Carol and those colors are perfect summer colors. I'm sure your teacher friend will love this card - and her time off. So glad you shared this with us at the Paper Players as well this week
Jaydee

Carol said...

Thanks Jaydee! The background is really fun!