Monday, May 3, 2021

Summertime

The Color Hues #17 Challenge (here) this week is red and orange. I decided to make a mask and use the negative one to be able to ink blend my flowers. I also love inlaid die cuts and decided to do that on my card as well.



I stamped my flowers in black ink on a  4" x 5 1/4" white cardstock panel, then stamped them again on Post-it notes and cut out the flowers. I used the background, not the flowers, to mask the background on the card. I ink blended the flowers lightly at first, then added more ink here and there using Distress Oxide inks in orange and coral and one classic red ink pad. I stamped some black dots next, to fill in empty space between the flowers. 

The "summertime" die actually cuts out the square and the letters at the same time. I ran my stamped and ink blended panel through my die cut machine once with the "summertime" die. Then I ran it through my machine with a piece of cardstock that I had ink blended in an ombre pattern. I cut a scrap piece of cardstock a little bit bigger than the ombre die cut background. I glued that scrap to the back of the die cut ombre square then inlaid the ombre square into the stamped panel and glued in the white letters. I adhered some sequins to the card for sparkle. I made a white cardstock, A2-sized card base and popped up my stamped panel onto it with foam tape.

Products used:

Stamps: Pretty Pink Posh Crocus Flowers, Stampin' Up! Timeless Textures (dots)

Ink: Simon Says Stamp Intense Black ink, Distress Oxide inks in Dried Marigold and Abandoned Coral, Stampin' Up! Classic Real Red stamp pad.

Dies: Simon Says Stamp Summertime Die

Sequins: Pretty Pink Posh

Paper: Stampin' Up! extra thick white cardstock

Hope this made sense. Go check out The Color Hues challenge this week to see all the pretty cards there!

-Carol



 

6 comments:

Karen said...

Your ink blending is lovely--and it worked with both the florals and the die cut sentiment! A perfect summer card. Thanks for joining us at Color Hues.

Kristie Goulet said...

Lovely ink blending! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

Nancy said...

Popping in with a proper comment! This came out so beautifully and it was fun to be along for the process. This stamp set is one that you will never tire of using. Thanks for being with us at Color Hues!

Jeanne H said...

Well done! I really like your card.

Tracey McNeely said...

Carol this is such a beautiful card, love how you were inspired. Thank you for joining us this challenge at the Color Hues!

cm said...

Carol, your summer time card is absolutely gorgeous! Inspired and inspiring! Thank you for sharing your artistry in the Color Hues gallery!
~carol