Monday, May 3, 2021

Dude

Over at The Paper Players PP539 the theme is boys, and with Father's Day coming, the "boy" in our house will be celebrated! Here is a card I whipped up this morning for him. 










It all started with the All Night Media cool penguin dude stamp (circa 1984). I have hoarded this pretty fish patterned paper for a while but decided it fit a more masculine card like this, and penguins like fish, right? I used Stampin' Up! markers to color the penguin and ink blended with their ink pads too. I thought the wonky squares and font of the letters on the front went well together. I used foam tape to pop up the center dies inside and out for fun! I like all the clean white of the card with the pops of blue and orange. Hope you do too!

Products used:

Stamp: All Night Media
Inks: Stampin' Up!
Dies: My Favorite Things Peekaboo Wonky Window and Sizzix Hunky Dory Alphabet
Sentiment: My computer

Check out the Paper Players challenge this week to get ideas for a boy card done for a boy or dad in your life!

-Carol

5 comments:

Nancy said...

We have got to be sisters from another mother. LOL I used that exact paper yesterday and I have had it forever! I absolutely love the way you framed it in and the fun funky letters are super cool too. The penguin in the inside is trying to steal the show but I love the outside just as much. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players.

laurie said...

LOVE this!!! love the shape...love the image...so fun! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players this week!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Carol I love it! Colourful, funky and the penguin reveal on the inside is so fun! My teenage son would love it! Thanks for playing along with my 'Cards for Boys' challenge over at The Paper Players this week

Jaydee said...

Oh, this is fabulous. I love the colors, I love the layout and I love he inside. What a fabulous card. So glad you joined us at the Paper Players this week
jaydee

Carol said...

Thank ladies! It was a fun one to make!