Friday, April 30, 2021

Yummy

I'm back with "a little yummy for your tummy" box of donuts today! I have seen other versions of this type of interactive card and finally sat down to try it myself. I want to make others now, but here's my first attempt. I'm entering it in the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge "Anything Goes" here.




I was making this "box" up as I went along, but knew that I wanted a lid to open to reveal the donuts sitting on waxed paper. I used a rectangle die for the window on a 4 x 5 1/4 piece of pink cardstock. I used the next biggest rectangle die to cut acetate for the window and adhered it to the opening with red line tape on the back side of that pink panel. Next I made an A2, top folding card with the same cardstock. I had to make a hinge to attach the lid to the actual card, so I cut a 4" x 1/2" long strip and scored it in half along the long edge, then attached it to the lid and the card with red line tape. I used a small circle punch to cut a "slot" at the bottom of the lid. I stamped and Copic-colored the donuts and added chunky glitter as the sprinkles. I attached them with glue dots to a rectangle of vellum to look like waxed paper, and adhered the vellum to the card with glue dots hidden under each donut. I added a small piece of velcro to hold the lid shut. The sentiment on the front of the card is attached with glue dots that I aligned with the polka dots in the acetate so that they wouldn't show on the inside of that window. I used foam tape along the bottom edge of the card to keep it loosely closed, but still not flat against the donuts. 

Products used:
My Favorite Things Inside and Out Stitched Rectangle dies
The Stamp Market Donuts stamp and die set
Stampin' Up! A Little Yummy for Your Tummy stamp (not sure which set it came from)
Sizzix Ornate Label die set (for the sentiment)
Copic Markers
Glue Dots
Red Line Tape

I plan to give this to someone with a gift card to Krispy Kreme attached to the back of the card. I think it's a cute, interactive card that can be kept on your desk at work or home. Who wouldn't want a box of donuts on their desk?!!

See you again soon,

-Carol




 

1 comment:

Lynne in NI said...

Oh wow, I love this! First time ever a card has made me hungry LOL 🤣