Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Celebrate!

I like trying new card styles and today I sat down to make an interactive one. I stumbled upon two new challenges this week. The "Inspired By Challenges" website is here and I am playing along with their Inspired By IB 171: I Woof Celebrating here. It is a photo challenge. (See their photo below the pictures of my card) The other one that is new to me is TGIF challenges C313 (dogs) here and I am also entering NBUS #25 (Never Been Used Schtuff) again here. Here is what I made!











I was inspired by the photo because of its watercolor, the cute dogs with birthday hats and the colors used overall. First I cut the peekaboo frames dies (that I have had forever but never used!) from watercolor paper. Then I ran those die cuts through my Big Shot again with the dog dies to make inlaid design doors. Next, I watercolored the dogs with distress inks and a water brush. I stamped the hats and watercolored them the same way. I cut two strips of watercolor paper and used distress inks again to watercolor them for a little more color on the card front. I mounted all of these die cuts and elements on a panel of watercolor paper. I added my sentiments inside and out. Then I cut and scored a side fold A2 card base in an aqua shade of cardstock. Last, I added glossy accents to the noses and eyes of my little dogs.


Here are the products I used:

Stampin' Up! - Peekaboo Frames, A Little Birdie Told Me and Celebration Time stamp sets
Simon Says Stamp - Peeking Pup and Picture Book Labrador dies, Intense Black Ink
Ranger Distress Oxide Inks
Glossy Accents
Watercolor paper
Aqua cardstock


I have ALWAYS liked interactive cards and ones with texture. When my daughter gets a card, I notice that she looks at all the details and touches the different textures just like I have always done. She especially appreciates the work that goes into handmade cards, so she is the recipient of a lot of what I make. Who do you make a lot of cards for?

Check out this challenge for yourself! 

See you back here soon,

-Carol











2 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

This is adorable, love the peek a boo frames! The little pup on the top is especially sweet. Thanks so much for joining us at IB!

Danni Reid said...

Goodness, adorable card, love your frames and all the love that went into this interactive party! Thank you for inspiring us @ IB!