Monday, April 26, 2021

Hello Sunshine


Spring has definitely sprung in a lot of places and flowers are popping up all around. I wanted to use, for the first time, my dies from My Favorite Things called Freshly Picked. I was also inspired by the Just Us Girls #581 photo challenge (here) this week to use my Bootiful Occasions set from Stampin' Up!  And I love my Simon Says Stamp Hello Sunshine Frame dies and thought they would be cute with the boots and flowers. In addition to JUGS #581, I am entering my card in NBUS (Never Before Used Schtuff) #25 (here) and Happy Little Stampers: Anything Goes With Dies (here).










I cut the flowers out of white cardstock and ink blended distress oxide inks onto them. Then I glued all the tiny leaves and flower heads to the base die cut. I stamped the boots with Simon Says Stamp Intense Black ink and colored them with a blue Copic marker. Then I adhered the flowers behind the boots with Tacky Glue and foam tape. I die cut the photo frame and sun from white cardstock and colored the "sunshine" and the sun with Copics. That's it!

I hope you will check out the challenges for all the fun ideas posted there!

-Carol














8 comments:

Ina G said...

Pretty cool boot there Carol. Lovely colourful flowers. Nice touch with the die cuts. Thanks for sharing with us at JUGS this week.

baileyrosy.com said...

Wow what a card, I love the boots and the funky pattern very cool indeed.The blooms are fantastic they really work so well and are beautifully coloured.

Marie

Nancy said...

Loving the polaroid Hello Sunshine and those fabulous boots. Having the colorful sprigs emerge from the boots was such a fabulous idea! This came together so well and can totally see where you were inspired. Always a pleasure having you join us at Just Us Girls my friend! Have a great day!

Carol said...

Thank you!!

Carol said...

Thank you!!

Carol said...

Thanks Nancy!!

Bobby said...

What a lovely bouquet you have peeking out of the boots, Carol. Definitely a card full of sunshine. Thanks for sharing it with us at Just Us Girls.

Catie Cuddles said...

Beautiful card.
Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes with Dies challenge.
Happy crafting!
Catherine x DT Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes with Dies challenge.
Happy crafting!
Catherine x DT