Thursday, May 6, 2021

Floating on the Sea

It's Word Week: Float, over at the Just Us Girls Challenge #582 and I have quite a few pool float stamps in my collection that came to mind first. But yesterday I was looking at stamps and patterned paper at the store and found this cool leaf stamp with the girl floating on it. Bingo!!! Here is my mini slimline card.








The leaf girl stamp, for lack of a better description, is just a single stamp I picked up at Jo-Ann's. The other leaves are from Sugar Pea Designs' "Tropic Like It's Hot" set and Flora and Fauna "Flamingo Pool Party" Set. The sentiment is Flora and Fauna from their "Mermaid Kisses" set.

I stamped the leaves around the edge, then ink blended green ink around them before adding blue and turquoise inks to make the water. I used Copic markers to color the leaf "float" and girl, then fussy cut it. I popped up the leaf/girl on foam dots for depth. Last, I added some iridescent sprinkles here and there.

Go check out the fun cards over at JUGS this week. I love seeing all the different ideas on a word week.

-Carol



3 comments:

Nancy said...

Look at you hoping right on this today! Love the size of a mini slimline as it's just enough and not too overwhelming of a space to fill. I love your blended background and the fun leaf shape! Awesome job with the fussy cutting too! So happy to see you in the gallery at Just Us Girls.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

This is so cute and what a fun image! I love those leaves stamped around the water and your beautiful ink blending. Thanks for playing along with us at JUGS!

Carol said...

Thank you Sue!