Monday, April 19, 2021

Lemon Lime Greetings

This card style is an old favorite of mine. I like interactive cards a lot, and I recently bought quite a few new patterned paper sheets with fruits and eating utensils because they were just so cute! I decided not to hoard them any longer and use them for this card. (I was thinking of making some sort of cookbook with these papers.) I noticed that The Color Throwdown ctd#638 challenge is ending today and I ended up making this card for it with my favorite lemon and lime papers and stamps, using the colors of this challenge. I am also entering it in the NBUS #25 challenge for April. (Never Before Used Schtuff)








I originally found the tutorial for this card here on Splitcoaststampers. It's called a Criss Cross card. In the past I have made the insert of this card with a tab punch, but I thought this lime patterned paper would be cute to fussy cut a lime for the tab. (It's actually two limes glued back to back for sturdiness) The other limes on the white insert are stamped using a Concord and 9th set called Orange You Sweet, which I may not have used before today either. They are "imperfectly-shaped" limes (or lemons or oranges, which I think adds to the cuteness of this set). I used a Stampin' Up! old fashioned stamp for the sentiments inside. It is one of those stamps where you can make your own words by winding each letter into position to spell words. (Does that make sense?) I think this type of card would be cute for putting a recipe on the insert, for a Christmas cookie exchange or just when you share a recipe with a friend. Do you see other uses for this type of card? Share your ideas in the comments! I always love new ideas!

See you soon,

-Carol


No comments: