Saturday, April 17, 2021

Hooray for Today

A friend of mine told me about the Less is More Challenge #441: One layer card using diamonds, that is going on until April 30. This was quite the task for me to come up with an idea. Then I remembered a die that was a freebie in an order from Ellen Hutson called Diamond, by Julie Ebersole, so I ran it through my Big Shot machine to make a stencil out of it. 



I used some blender brushes and Ranger Distress Oxide ink to make a background, then stenciled the diamonds with various distress oxide and Stampin' Up! Classic ink pads to make my design in the corner of the card. I pulled out an older SU! stamp set called Geometrical because this sentiment looked like a good match for the diamond shapes on my card.

That's it! Clean and simple. One layer. Boom. Hop over to the Less is More site to check out what everyone is coming up with for this challenge!

See you soon,

-Carol


8 comments:

Kathyk said...

Cracking idea to make your own diamond stencil too, looks great

Happy Sunday

Kathyk

Cardsbymaaike said...

Fabulous card, mine also used a stencil from a die, makes sense to utilize what you have on hand.

Craft-E-Place said...

Fabulous card! It seems that homemade stencils re the way to go! Thanks for joining in with the challenge at Less is More

Nancy said...

Love the tone of blue you used and you nailed the CAS design. It's time to get out all my dies and make some stencils as you have here. Nice card!

Carol said...

Thanks!!!!

Carol said...

Thank you so much!

Carol said...

Thanks friend! The stencils that I have don't always match the challenges, so I have to look for alternative ideas.

Michelle W said...

Beautiful card and great use of your dies! Thanks for joining us at Less is More.