Thursday, April 8, 2021

Cupcakes are for Birthdays

I've noticed over the years that if you have a party with a whole cake, people are afraid to cut into it. But if you have cupcakes, they are easy to grab and put on a plate or devour into thin air, and going back for seconds doesn't look so bad! At least that is my take on it! Here is my entry into the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Happy Birthday for this week. 



For this card I cut and scored a side-fold cream colored card base and cut random strips of patterned paper to adhere to it, leaving a little of the card base showing. Then I used my new My Favorite Things Frosted Cupcake dies to cut out the frosting and cupcake liner. I added some chunky glitter on the frosting to look like real sprinkles. I used my Simon Says Stamp Happy Birthday die for the sentiment and added it atop a strip of vellum to make it show up better on the busy background. It put teeny tiny drops of Tacky Glue behind the sentiment and a lot behind the cupcake to hold the vellum piece down on the card. That's it!

I have another entry into this challenge in my head and need to get it started!

-Carol

1 comment:

Nancy said...

You had me a chocolate cupcake! LOL Love your mix of pattern papers too! Pretty Birthday card Carol!