Monday, April 5, 2021

Birthday Confetti

Even though confetti is a pain to clean up, you have to admit that it does add a festive touch to decorations for a birthday! I am entering my card in the My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge #535. I really like this sketch!





I just received my latest MFT order and this Frosted Cupcake die has been on my wish list for a while. The frosting is so realistic and "swooshy" looking that I want to make some cupcakes every time I see it! The candle paper behind the cupcake, as well as the confetti paper on the card front are Stampin' Up! The Happy Birthday die is from Simon Says Stamp. The frosting is white glitter paper and it has such pretty iridescent sparkle! I wanted the cupcake to be real the focal point, and use the candles paper too, so I placed a vellum rectangle between the two to soften the look of the candles.

Be sure to check out the MFT Wednesday Challenge with the link above. Cute cards being posted!!!

-Carol



2 comments:

Nancy said...

What a great buy at MFT! I am loving that cupcake and the sparkly icing! Two please! The vellum was a great idea to soften that fun DSP. Great card!

Carol said...

Thanks!!!!!!!!