Monday, March 1, 2021

Tropical Pocket Card

About a year ago I was wandering around Pinterest (probably) and I found a pocket card similar to this one below. I decided I had to try to CASE it. I love all things tropical and I also love anything tactile with pockets, tags or little doors, etc. I do not remember exactly where I found it or who made it in order to give credit here. Mine is different in a several ways since I used my own dies and stamps to make it. I didn't measure anything when making this either. I made the outside embellishment first, then cut  pocket and then the smaller tag to fit inside. Not rocket science at all. I used My Favorite Things Wild Greenery Dies to cut the leaves and  probably my Stampin' Up! Gorgeous Grunge stamp set for the diagonal lines and a SU greeting set whose name I don't have. I believe the dies used on the card I CASEd were Stampin' Up! Tropical Chic.



I gave this card away last summer to a coworker on her last day and I need to recreate it once more. I want to make it in blues, tan and white again but also in greens with pink as well. I'll post the new creations as soon as I get them done! 

See you soon,

-Carol

1 comment:

Nancy said...

This is so cool! I love that you used both the positive and negative of the dies as it adds so much texture. The added lines look like Washi tape at first glance. I am sure she appreciated it!