Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Happy ROL

 The Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week is to use 2 or more patterned papers to create something. I decided to enter a second card, this time a fun fold called the Double Gate Fold. Here is a link to Dawn Olchefske's video tutorial. I made the sentiment on my computer for this "divorce" card for a friend who just got out of a bad situation and is so happy to move on with her life. You never know what occasion you might need a card for, and this is a first for me! ROL=rest of lifetime.






I used some older Stampin' Up! double sided patterned paper for the card and a little piece of another patterned paper for the heart on the slider mug. I stamped the mug from Catherine Pooler's Mug Shot stamp set and used blender brushes and distress oxide ink to color the mug. (I stamped the mug again on a post it note and cut out the heart, the coffee and the part inside the handle to mask off before I ink blended.) I added a slider mechanism which you can see here and attached it to the back of the mug and the card is done! (The video is in Spanish but the subtitles and visuals are enough to teach you how to make the slider piece.)

I hope this card gives you ideas for other life occasions we need a card for sometimes! 

-Carol

No comments: