Thursday, March 18, 2021

Patterned paper weaving

While I don't love weaving strips of paper because they fight me the whole time, the end result is kinda cool. This spring time card, I hope, gives the Easter basket feel with its woven papers and little critters. I used several different patterns for the background and solid color cardstock for this card. 








After cutting strips of patterned paper and weaving them together I used my Spellbinders Large Dies of the month for March to cut and assemble the chick, bunny and lamb. It is fun, like playing with paper dolls! The sentiment dies come in the same set as the critters. I cut out the title twice, once in black and again in green, and glued them together a little offset to give a shadow effect. To give the title of the card a less busy background I cut a strip of vellum and glued the words to it, then attached the strip to the card front with Tacky Glue only under the words so it wouldn't show through the vellum. Looking at the Spellbinders website, I saw little white accents drawn on the critters and I tried to mimick those lines with a gel pen. I cut grass from green cardstock with the grass die in the set and matted the front panel with cardstock in colors like the patterned papers. Last, I used some foam tape behind the bunny ears and egg shells for depth. I LOVE the egg shells the most of all the details!

I am entering this card in the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge which this week asks participants to use 2 or more patterned papers. There are some really cool cards from the design team you should check out! 

Happy Spring!

-Carol

1 comment:

Nancy said...

This cute Easter card was totally worth the struggle. Love the weaved paper and those dies are as cute as they can be! Can't wait to hang with my peep on Friday!