Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Two Watercolor Challenges

So there are two challenges I am entering my latest CAS card in and they have a watercolor theme in common. The AAA cards: Game #184 Sketch and February Instagram Simon Says Challenge by Simon Says Stamp were where I found inspiration for my card.





This style of card is one I found and fell in love with last fall from Xeniacrafts.com. Click on her site name in my last sentence and watch the tutorial, in Spanish, but with subtitles for the measurements. (I speak Spanish and know that not everyone does, but her tutorial is great and very visually explanatory.) I used Distress Oxide Inks on watercolor paper for the base of my slider piece. I used my Whoa! You're Amazing die from Simon Says Stamp with white cardstock to create the front of the slider piece. I added a place for a sentiment inside using my My Favorite Things In and Out Stitched Rectangle die and some bright green cardstock. The sentiment piece inside (sentiment from Picture Perfect Birthday by Stampin' Up!) will not show when the card is closed with the slider piece in place holding the card shut. Also, it creates a place for a written message from the card sender!

Take a look at both challenges and see all the creative things people have entered!

See you soon,

-Carol


6 comments:

Jane said...

Fun card and a fab idea for using the sketch in a different way. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

Nancy said...

So happy you introduced me to these types of cards! Love the colors of your slider and the fun sentiment inside! Have a great day!

Carol said...

Thanks my friend!!!!!!

Carol said...

Thank you! I love this card design and almost need a 12-step program to stop making them!

Cardsbymaaike said...

I like the use of the negative space, pretty colours too. Thank you for playing at AAA Cards

Francesca said...

Good idea, love the colors! Thank you for playing at AAA Cards!