Thursday, February 4, 2021

My Funny Valentine

I am on a roll making Valentines...but I had to use this Stampin' Up! stamp that I've had for a while because it is funny! I made this card for the Color Hues #11 and The Card Concept #148. I keep hearing an OLD song in my head (my mother used to sing it around the house) sung by people like Johnny Mathis and Frank Sinatra: My Funny Valentine. Anyway, people of ALL ages can get a kick out of this sentiment:










The Color Hues challenge is pink and red and this cool fabric "patterned paper" started me on that journey.


The Card Concept challenge is this inspiration photo. I took inspiration in the pink and red cupcake toppings and dark cake and put them into my card design. My card style is mixed media with all the textures and elements on my card: black and red glitter papers, textured cardstocks, fabric "patterned paper" along with the ribbon and rhinestones. My two hearts even have stitched texture on them.

Check out both of these challenges. They are fun and easy to join!

See you soon,

-Carol



 

6 comments:

Karen K said...

Very cute Carol :) That sentiment is so funny. Love your layers and that ribbon is perfect for your tag. Thank you for playing along at The Card Concepts.

Cindy Beach said...

Such a super sweet card, Carol! I love the unique shape and how you matched up the scallops on the tag.Your textures add so much to a great design. Thanks for playing at Color Hues!

Sheri Gilson said...

Very sweet card, Carol! Thank you so much for playing along with us at the Color Hues Challenge! ❤️

Esther Asbury said...

Such a fun sentiment on your cute Valentine! Thanks for playing along at The Card Concept!

Karen Letchworth said...

What a FUN project, carol. I saw it at The Card Concept and wanted to stop by and comment. It's lovely and SO much fun. I sure would enjoy having you share your talents with us at Word Art Wednesday when you have time. Always Anything Goes/Family Friendly, and always AWESOME prizes from top sponsors. It would be a blessing to have you play along.
Karen L
Word Art Wednesday
www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

Marcie Sharp said...

This is a seriously cute card and I love the funny stamp!! Thanks for playing along with us at The Card Concept.