Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Shiplap Valentine

Hello there again and happy almost-Valentine's week. I miss elementary school Valentine exchanges from my childhood and my child's. What a fun activity every year! I made a Valentine with some homemade shiplap "wood" planks I made. The Color Throwdown #628 has a challenge using pink, yellow, green and purple, so I added baker's twine and little ink blended flowers in those colors. The Stamp Market Candy Cane Christmas leaves and Simon Says Stamp Wonky Heart die also bring pink and green to the card. The small flowers on the heart wreath were cut with a Martha Stewart punch. My card is a CASE of The Greetery's new shiplap cards.






The shiplap is just random color blending. (I didn't actually blend the colors together, I blender brushed (a new verb: to blender brush) areas of each color randomly all over the cardstock until no white was showing) Then I ran the cardstock through my Big Shot with a woodgrain metal die for texture. Next I watered down some white acrylic paint and brushed it on lightly so the colors underneath would still show. After it dried, I  spattered it with dark brown ink and cut it into "planks" about 3/4" wide and 4" long. The fun part was arranging them in a herringbone pattern on the white card base.

I have some more "planks" left over and plan to make tags or something other than a card with them. If I do, I'll be sure to post it here.

Happy Valentining!

-Carol


2 comments:

Susie Moore said...

This is heart-stopping. I just LOVE your card - it is beautiful!! Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown challenge.

Lynn Put said...

Such a lovely card! Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Color Throwdown.