Wednesday, February 3, 2021

It's That Time Of Year

Valentine's Day is just around the corner now and comin' in hot! I have been wanting to use a mailbox die that was gifted to me as well as try a door card from scratch. I am playing in the The Color Hues #11, The Card Concept #148 and The Paper Players PP526. Here is my card:








My Color Hues TCH #11 card uses red and pink as pops of color on the "clean" white door.


The Card Concept's photo inspiration for me were the colors of not only that yummy-looking pink icing, but the juicy red berries too. The addition of dainty hearts to those cupcakes, as well as the silver wire tray were little details that I mirrored on my card. My card's style is clean and layered. I used my Scor-Pal to dry emboss the door panels and give the card clean lines overall. I have some color, but white overall. I made my little pink envelopes by hand and on the inside of the card I showed the Valentine opened by the recipient of the card in the mail slot. 




For the Paper Players I have red sparkle card stock and dry embossing on my door panels. I always like a white card with a pop of color.

Back to more Valentines...are you still making yours? Happy Valentine's Day!

See you soon!

-Carol


13 comments:

Nancy said...

I loved being a part of this design! It turned out so well! I Love it inside and out! Thanks for hanging out with me virtually yesterday, and for playing along at Color Hues and The Paper Players. HUGS!

LeAnne said...

This is soooooooo CUTE!! Oh my gosh, I love this idea. Clever and yet simple! That little mail slot with the envelope poking out....just adorable! Thanks for playing with the Players as well as The Card Concept!

Carol said...

It was fun to bounce ideas off each other, wasn’t it?!!!

Carol said...

Thank you LeAnne!

Karen said...

This is amazing, and it going right to my Pinterest board! What a clever design, and beautifully crafted! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

Julie Gearinger said...

Adorable!! Love the sweet letter envelope going into the mail slot- great job on all of the challenges! We are so thrilled that you joined us at The Card Concept and hope you can play along again soon!

Julie B said...

What a clever design, the Georgian style door with its silver letterflap looks fab. The inside to your card is a nice touch!
Thanks for joining us at Color Hues. :)

Carol said...

Thank you! It was fun to make!

Debbie Crowley said...

Carol, I love this card. Perfect for this time of year!! I love how you embossed your door panels. Very clever, indeed! Thank you for joining us at the Paper Players this week.

maria f. said...

Well you certainly nailed it! So original and perfect for Valentine's Day.

Sheri Gilson said...

Super cute! Thank you so much for playing along with us at the Color Hues Challenge!

Hannelie said...

Carol this is brilliant!
Thanks for playing at the Color Hues Challenge !

Susan Powell said...

Oh My Gosh this is AWESOME!!!!