Thursday, October 1, 2026

Boo!

It't time for a Halloween card using my new Free Spirit ghost dies! At Just Us Girls it is Die Week: Use a Halloween-themed die. I can't wait to see the gallery this week! Here's my surprise-front card. Also, be sure to visit the team's blogs and that of our October Guest Designer Carrie Sheridan to read all about their Halloween-inspired cards.














What I used to make my card:

  • Hero Arts Free Spirit die set
  • My Favorite Things Watercolor Wash Free Form die
  • Simon Says Stamp Circle dies
  • Stampin' Up! Spooky Bingo Bits stamp set, Speech Bubble dies, Classic Ink pad, Designer Series papers (All of these SU supplies are retired.)
  • Tear Tape

This inlaid flower ghost is fun to make. It comes with extra flowers as you can see. I was perusing Pinterest and saw some acetate-front cards for other occasions and thought why not make this ghost card with one. I have hidden a white die cut circle on the teal DSP for a second sentiment or a hand-written note. A note could also be written on the back of the card.

To make the card I cut a 4 1/4" x 6" white panel out of sturdy white card stock and scored one end at 1/2" to make a flap. 

The teal designer series paper is adhered to the front side of the white panel below the score line. 

Next, I sandwiched the acetate between the folded down flap and a strip of the DSP with tear tape.

I die cut the free form shape out of some long hoarded kitchen-themed paper for the ghost to fly in front of and to cover any adhesive on its back side.

After adhering the completed popped up ghost and flowers to the free form shape I die cut and stamped the speech bubble. It is popped up on foam tape too. 

The gingham shape is adhered to the acetate with tear tape as well. I cut a second free form shape to adhere on the back side of the gingham one to hide the adhesive on the front one.

I hope that was clear. It was fairly easy once I figured out how I should make the card base.

We are anxious to see your Halloween die cut creations this week! Happy cardmaking!

Carol

1 comment:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Super cute! Great colors too