I am participating in the CASE It IG Hop for September 2026. We are a group of papercrafters who love our hobby and admire others' work so much that we ask them permission to Copy and Selectively Edit something they've made. This month I am CASEing Jane Taylor's (@purplejt) wonderful mermaid under the sea card. Using what I had on hand, I recreated her card.
- Honey Bee Stamps Swimming By stamp set
- Avery Elle The Reef stamp set
- Altenew Obsidian black ink pad, Artist Markers
- Simon Says Stamp Wonky Stitched Rectangles die set
- Concord &. 9th Dew Drop Assortment
- Distress ink pads
- Rhinestones
- Watercolor paper
I loosely mimicked the water on her background with ink blending, I stamped some plant life in black. I wet my hand under the faucet and flicked water on it. Instead of drops I got a mottled background. I ran the panel through my Big Shot to get the swirling stitching on it that reminds me of moving water.
I stamped and colored the mermaid and shells, then fussy cut them. After arranging and adhering them to the scene, I stamped the sentiment and added the embellishments for parkle and to look like air bubbles.
Hop along with us and see all the cards that were CASEd and the resulting "copies" of them by our group. You can start at my account, #sawithadtomakeit. It's a fun one to see how we made the original cards our own.
See you over there!
Carol

No comments:
Post a Comment