Thursday, September 17, 2026

Corner Bakery

A few years ago we were visiting family in the St. Louis area and they took us to St. Charles one evening where we walked on actual cobblestone streets and where all the little businesses had decorated their store fronts and windows with pumpkins and other Halloween props. I took a few photos and have not forgotten how cute it was there. (See below) 

Here's a bakery I made today for our Just Us Girls Challenge #841 mood board with our hostess Vicki. I liked the pumpkins and takeout cup on the bottom of the mood board and went from there. Coffee and pastries, why not? (Chai for me, please!) Be sure to take some time to visit the blogs of our design team and our guest Julia to see how everyone was inspired to make their cards.












Real pumpkins carved to decorate a store inside and out. I remember the pastel decor inside this store and all of the fun decorations outside. I made a bakery because we visited one and got some yummy things to eat along the way down this street.






I used Concord & 9th Pop Up Shoppe dies and Poppystamps Pumpkin Patch dies. My card includes copper metallic card stock, thick acetate and card stock scraps. I stamped the bakery sign with Altenew Obsidian black ink. The card base is A2 and top folding. The bakery pops up, but folds flat to mail. I have made quite a few of these using different themes. It takes a lot of steps, but it's fun to see it come to life.

Thanks for stopping by and I can't wait to see what you create!

Carol

9 comments:

cm said...

Your recreation of the bakery is beautiful, Carol...pretty, inviting and all-around wonderful. I can smell the pumpkin muffins, pumpkin scones and pumpkin cookies baking inside. Fabulous take on both the mood board and a treasured memory.
hugs~carol

Vicki Dutcher said...

What a great indoor bakery scene!

Julia Aston said...

Oh my goodness, Carol, LOVE the pop up bakery in the unexpected pink and lovely rows of pumpkins at top and bottom! What wonderful inspiration from that real life shop! Julia xx

Carol said...

Thank you Vicki!

Carol said...

Thanks Carol, and now I am wanting some baked goods!

Carol said...

Thank you Julia! I love using this die set!

Lisa Elton said...

OH... MY... GOODNESS... this is amazing! The polka dots make it even better!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much Lisa!!!

ElizStewart said...

Carol... as always I love your creativity! That card must be so fun to send to someone... how could you not love it!