Saturday, September 26, 2026

Collab with a Photographer

A new friend and a talented photographer jack.dw asked me to do a collab where I remake one of his photos into a card. I knew right away that I wanted to try my hand at one of his desert landscapes from Valley of Fire in Overton, Nevada. Here is the abstract view of the curving road between the bold colored rock formations.



Here is a link to Jack's photo on Instagram.



What I used to make the card:

  • Spellbinders Colorbock Landscape dies (desert scenery)
  • Papertrey Ink Build a Sailboat dies (clouds)
  • A Stamp in the Hand (wooden stamp of a "cool guy")
  • Altenew Obsidian black ink pad
  • Copic markers

I gathered the colors of card stock first, then did the die cutting. There is no white card stock, just greys, black and oranges. I pieced it all together and popped the scene up on foam tape. Then I stamped the skateboarding guy ( I drew his skateboard with a Sharpie) and fussy cut him. He is popped up too. I mounted the scene on a diagonal grey/black mat I made that purposely avoids the gray part of the mat blending into the grey of the scene. I did the same with the black portion of the mat. I think I successfully created a "guy card," which can often be difficult.

I hope you will give Jack's Instagram and Etsy shop a visit to see his incredible photography from all over the world. 

Thanks for stopping by!

Carol

No comments: