Thursday, August 20, 2026

Thanks Friend #2

It is Mood Board week at Just Us Girls #836 and Lisa has a fall-inspired challenge for us! I took the three butterfly colors from the photo (but lighter shades of orange, yellow and teal) and paired them in a butterfly made of butterflies. I recently posted a card with this sentiment and I needed something small again, so here it is on repeat. You can use anything pictured or the overall theme or feeling you get from the photo. The team has lots of creative ideas for you, so stop by each blog to read about how they approached and completed their cards. Our guest designer Betty also has a wonderful card she designed for the challenge, so don't miss her on your blog visits!









What I used:

  • Poppystamps 2779 Nordic Whisper Butterfly dies
  • Tiny butterfly punch from years ago
  • My Monthly Hero: When Life Gives You Lemons stamp and die sets
  • Ellen Hutson A2 Piercing Plate 2
  • Altenew Obsidian black ink pad
  • Ranger Distress Oxide ink pads

I die cut the Nordic butterfly base dies first. Next, I watercolored with Distress Oxide ink on a piece of watercolor paper in the three colors I wanted the little butterflies to be. After I dried this sheet with my heat gun, I punched LOTS of little butterflies and folded them in half. I adhered them to my big butterfly in deliberate sections and facing all directions. I only adhered the fold of the little ones to the butterfly base so that they would stay bent upward, looking like they are fluttering around. 

I created a Z-fold card base and die cut panels for it with my piercing plate. I adhered those to the front flap and inside back of the card base. I also cut one for the focal point square. I matted the square with black card stock, then popped up the butterfly with foam tape.

Last, I stamped and die cut the sentiment and adhered it to the front flap. There is space on the inside and back of the card for writing a message. 

We hope you will join us this week with the fun fall feel of this mood board!

Thanks for visiting!

Carol




3 comments:

cm said...

Completely smitten with your butterfly made of butterflies! Trust you to lift the essence of the mood board and create something ingenious. stylish and beautiful! The fun fold is an extra special touch!
hugs~carol

ElizStewart said...

Carol... love that background impression... what fun! So modern. And the butterfly is inspired!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Wow! This butterfly is gorgeous!