Sunday, August 23, 2026

When Life Gives You Lemons

Today is a rainy, thunder and lightning kind of day. I was working on a Christmas project and I saw the Freshly Made Sketches #750 Challenge. I got a related idea for a card. Squirrel! I dropped the other project and made this card. It took a lot of steps in the process but my cozy card is finished and I can get back to the original project that you'll see later in the fall. 


(The book is written by Mark Kay Andrews, first published by St. Martin's Press on May19, 2015. I picked it up to read as soon as we moved back to Florida and I see that the paperback released May 3, 2016, which is the same timeframe that I saw it and bought it. It's a good book and one of her many that are set in the south.)



I made a little book with a piece of foam sheet inside to make it look like a real book. I love this Creature Comforts die set from MFT and have used it a lot with the spoon, cup, glasses and a cell phone. I always make the spoon silver and use vellum for the tea bag for fun.The sprig of leaves is from The Greetery Cozy Cup stamp set. I used Hero Arts and Concord & 9th mini ink pads to ink blend the die cuts. The "napkin" is also from The Greetery. I've used it a lot as well. The knit patterned stenciling is Concord & 9th from the Stay Cozy Stencil pack. Finally, the cute sentiment stamp and die set is from  the My Monthly Hero Kit July 2026.

I hope you are having a relaxing Sunday. If I am forced to be inside by weather, I can't think of a better thing to do than make cards!

Thanks for visiting!

Carol

No comments: